Fred K Ollinger on Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:27:32 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Upgrading the Libranet

> Card is Diamond Viper V770 (nVidia TNT2); monitor is IBM P70; X is 4.1.0. No gpm.

Did you think about going to google or usenet and downloading a
XF86Config-4 file for that card? I'm sure someone did the hard work for
you. Once you get that file, your troubles will go away. Copying one file
is easier than watching install animations over and over again (I know, I
have watched those animations many times in the early days). :)

I told you to remove ximian b/c the some of the potato ximian packages
collide w/ the other gnome stuff. I told you to remove all lines save
testing b/c I think mixing and matching even debian distros is more
painful than getting woody working right once and for all. Once this is
done, you don't ever have to install again.

I think you are getting in the right direction. I agree that fighting w/
hw is no fun esp after doing it all day, but if you hold in there a little
longer, your life _will_ be easier.

Good luck,

Fred