Mike Leone on Mon, 25 Mar 2002 09:47:46 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Upgrading the Libranet

>> > XFree86 -configure has worked for me, at least for configuring XFree
>> > 4.x. The file generated is usually pretty close to what I want.
>
> >Nope. Same thing. Nothing.
>

>Nothing as in it didn't generate a config file? Or nothing as in, it dies with the same error?

Same response; won't start. No error message in the log.

>Whats the message you get from X? What kind of vid card, monitor and version of xfree? Is gpm running?

Card is Diamond Viper V770 (nVidia TNT2); monitor is IBM P70; X is 4.1.0. No gpm.

At this point, I've gone back to the potato version, which is working, and am waiting for the retail CD (with later versions [hopefully, that means "testing"]) to come in the mail. If I decide to upgrade the retail version, I'll let y'all know what happens.