Michael Leone on Tue, 26 Mar 2002 20:25:13 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Motherboards

On Tue, 2002-03-26 at 16:29, Flint Heart wrote:
> I'm a BIG fan of ASUS boards...
> I'm not a big fan of integrated audio on mb's but have used several ASUS
> boards with audio built in with no problem.

I turned the builtin functions (sound card, etc) off, since I already
have a SoundBlaster Live!

> don't blame ASUS on that right away.  In my experience the little extra
> money spent on an ASUS board is a more than worth the piece of mind that
> its well designed and that years from now i'll be able to get bios upgrades
> if that are needed...

Oh, yes. My last board, I updated the BIOS like a dozen times, enabling
support from the originaly Pentium 2 to P3; HDs >32G; etc.

Very flexible.