Chuck Peters on Tue, 2 Apr 2002 01:10:12 +0200

Re: [PLUG] weak linux firewall?

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Samantha Samuel wrote:

> Just so everyone is in the clear. The nmap below was done from the
> internal network. I did an external nmap and only the ssh port showed up
> as open. I sent the entire nmap, but it has to ve reviewed, since the
> email is >20K. So I apologise for redundancy.

External has only ssh and internal has all the other stuff open.  That
should be fine for a small home network assuming you trust the people on
your internal network and you keep sshd updated.

As others on the list have noted, its not just the firewall you should be
concerned about.

Chuck