Doug Crompton on Tue, 2 Apr 2002 11:14:30 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Hard Disk Partitions

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002 epike@isinet.com wrote:

> server - from my personal experience, I more or less
> separate them for their functions: /tmp gets a partition,
> /boot for boot, /www for web serving, /home gets one, /var
> for logs, my custom /log for logs, /pictures for my digital
> pictures, and /windump for samba "dump" (*that* one grows

I often here this 'log' argument. I have used 'chklogs' for years. It
monitors, archives, deletes, logs based on size. I have never manually
maintained a log and I log lots of stuff. It is great to know that is
taken care of.

I assume that since it just looks at files it is not limited to 'log'
files. All it is is a cron job written in PERL.

The man page I have on it is dated 1995 - I have never looked for an
update, so I don't know if it is still supported.

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *