Jesse Schultz on Mon, 8 Apr 2002 20:10:18 +0200

Re: [PLUG] OT: Job Postings?

I USE BOTH Microsoft and Linux.  They are not mutually exclusive.
Philosophcally, I tend to lean toward the GNU World View.  Practically, I
live in a world dominated by Microsoft and must deal with it.  One of the
ways in which I deal with it is to subvert it.

I have never walked into a microsoft shop where I did not manage to leave a
few Linux servers when I walked out.

One of my favorite emails a year and a half after I left one company was in
inquiry as to how to restart bind to load a new configuration since the
linux server had not come down for a year and a half and the current admin
was afraid to reboot.  I believe this DNS server is still running, Slakware
w/linux kernal 2.2.34 I believe on a 486.

Another fun thing is putting win32 GNU software on Microsoft Operating
systems.  Currently having fun with GnuPG with a WinPT front end.  Microsoft
can't buy it out and they can't drive it  out of business.  AAAArrrghhh
CAAAN NOT Assimalate!!! (can't seem spell it either ;-))

Next comes a Linux based key server for internal use :-)

As I wright this "Just for fun" By Linus Torvalds is sitting on my desk.

Lighten up, Have fun with it.