Bill Jonas on Tue, 9 Apr 2002 17:57:27 -0400

Re: [PLUG] CrossOver Office

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 05:30:00PM -0400, Jon Galt wrote:
> I haven't used it in a while, but I understand StarOffice can read and
> write MS Office files.  It is or was a free product.  Any opinions here on
> it?

Well, regarding OpenOffice, it works fine, if a little slowly.  Of
course, I only use it for a very few things intended for hard copy
(read: almost never, since I'm not going to print most of the time, and
most of the time when I do print, text or HTML is good enough).  YMMV.
It's done everything I've asked it to, but I've never asked it to do
much.

Developer/SysAdmin for hire!   See http://www.billjonas.com/resume.html