turgon on Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:53:24 -0400

Re: (GUI Mail? In UNIX?!? {(was: Re: Senseless whinging) (was: Re: [PLUG] Redhat up2date)}

On 10 Apr 2002 at 10:49, Time wrote:

> > Dude, there is NO WAY I'm gonna compose my emails in an editor, and then
> > squirt'em into my mail client. :-) However, I can try using the webmail
> > version I set up. It just takes longer, and I usually don't bother. (for
> > PLUG, BTW, I use OE - I use Outlook for actual work-related stuff)
>

> Call me crazy, but why can't you use mutt for all your mail and have all
> the mail centralized in one ssh'able location? 8)

'cuz I don't particularly like mutt. :-)

I have, however, gone back to an email client I used to use centuries ago (about 1999
...) - Pegasus. Which, BTW, also runs just fine under WINE on Linux.

Hopefully, the line breaks will be sane(r) now.