pinkee on Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:11:51 -0400

Re: (GUI Mail? In UNIX?!? {(was: Re: Senseless whinging) (was: Re: [PLUG] Redhat up2date)}

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 11:53:43AM -0400, turgon@mike-leone.com wrote:
> On 10 Apr 2002 at 10:49, Time wrote:
>
> > > Dude, there is NO WAY I'm gonna compose my emails in an editor, and then
> > > squirt'em into my mail client. :-) However, I can try using the webmail
> > > version I set up. It just takes longer, and I usually don't bother. (for
> > > PLUG, BTW, I use OE - I use Outlook for actual work-related stuff)
> >

> > Call me crazy, but why can't you use mutt for all your mail and have all
> > the mail centralized in one ssh'able location? 8)
>
> 'cuz I don't particularly like mutt. :-)
>
> I have, however, gone back to an email client I used to use centuries ago (about 1999
> ...) - Pegasus. Which, BTW, also runs just fine under WINE on Linux.
>
> Hopefully, the line breaks will be sane(r) now.

Not to beat a dead horse... but see the not sane line breaks above? Why
you not like mutt? Mutt rocks. And it is very customizable, so you make
it what you want. I don't know anything about pegasus, do you use a text
editor to compose mail?

pinkee
--
www.cavegirl.org