Time on Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:50:13 -0400

Re: (GUI Mail? In UNIX?!? {(was: Re: Senseless whinging) (was: Re: [PLUG] Redhat up2date)}

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 10:32:14AM -0400, turgon@mike-leone.com wrote:
> From: turgon@mike-leone.com
> Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:32:14 -0400 (EDT)
> Subject: Re: Senseless whinging (was: Re: [PLUG] Redhat up2date)
> To: <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
>
> > [Again, Mike, it'd be really swell if I didn't have to .!fmt then
> > s,^,> , on your messages every time I reply. I use Outlook at work too.
> > I edit my email in gvim and paste it in. Which means I do have
> > reasonable line breaks. Just a thought.]
>
> Dude, there is NO WAY I'm gonna compose my emails in an editor, and then
> squirt'em into my mail client. :-) However, I can try using the webmail
> version I set up. It just takes longer, and I usually don't bother. (for
> PLUG, BTW, I use OE - I use Outlook for actual work-related stuff)

Call me crazy, but why can't you use mutt for all your mail and have all
the mail centralized in one ssh'able location? 8)

Darxus and mct taught me this a while back and I can't imagine a better
way.

If its because you can't get pics/docs/html encoded mail and that's
absolutly necessary for survival that's a good answer. Although I
usually save those attachments to a htaccess'd directory where I can
then view those attachments from a web browser.

If its because of corporate policy, then that's another good answer as
well. Although this list isn't corporate property.

Regards,

Time

   13

   \