gabriel rosenkoetter on Thu, 11 Apr 2002 01:38:02 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Re: GUI Mail? In UNIX?!?

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 12:12:41AM -0400, Toby DiPasquale wrote:
> 	I've built Evolution on FreeBSD 4.5. It shouldn't be all that
> different to build on NetBSD. Perhaps taking a look at the FreeBSD port
> manifest could help? Or, I could send you an off-ML list of the
> software you would need to install it? Let me know if that's what you want
> to do.

Oh, there's a NetBSD package for Evolution (as you pointed out--in
private email only?). My concern is with their connector cruft and
whether or not it's binary only. (It's certainly something they want
me to pay for, which is no big deal, really. They're mostly covering
their costs for licensing from MS, I'd presume.)

If their connector cruft is a Linux shared object distributed in
binary form only, then I'll need to use the Linux version of
Evolution.

(Otoh, maybe someone at Ximian would let me have their source if I
would make it so they could sell their connector as supported under
NetBSD too. ;^>)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net