Jon Galt on Fri, 12 Apr 2002 00:57:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OT- AS/400

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, eric@lucii.org wrote:

> He tells me that he cannot load Linux on it until he gets the IBM operating
> system for it and THAT'S EXPENSIVE.  Also, the OS is keyed to the serial
> number of the box so you cannot just copy it from another AS/400.
>
> This is second-hand information.  He may be wrong.

I'm pretty sure it's right.  A company where I used to work had problems
with an AS/400, and a processor board had to be replaced, which caused the
operating system to think it had been pirated.  Our sysadmin had to call
support to get some kind of code to enter to get the OS to boot up into
regular mode.

Wayne

Need an experienced programmer who knows
both the Unix and Microsoft worlds?

Then you need to hire Wayne:
http://hirewayne.com

wayne@hirewayne.com