Brian P. Mohr on Fri, 12 Apr 2002 06:18:03 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OT- AS/400

Even though AS/400 is a great platform, linux can bring to it many uses that
it could did not have before.

Apache has more options than the striped down version of Apache (http
server) that the AS/400 uses.  Like virtual hosts.

Also, running linux on the AS/400 allows for the use of many open source
solution that were not availible on OS/400.  Not to mention cost.  Most
scenarios I have see utilize multiple linux partitions for doing stuff like
one partion is the firewall, one apache or tomcat these are cascated to DB2
running on OS/400.  This allows for multi-tiered computing and security.
Brian P. Mohr (KillerV), LCP, MCSE+I, CNE, CCDA, 100% Geek
http://www.bpmohr.com

      /  \
   0       0