W. Chris Shank on Thu, 11 Apr 2002 21:48:07 -0400

[PLUG] OT- AS/400

This is off topic - someone just gave me an AS/400 eServer (about 4 years old
and apparently obsolete). Besides trying to figure out where I'll put it
(it's huge) I need to figure out how to use it and/or what it might be useful
for. At the very least, the components seem to be SCSI (3 disks (raid?),
tape, cdrom) so I might be able to strip them out of the unit for use
elsewhere. But before I do that, does anyone know what the whole unit might
be good for? I hear that IBM has linux running on the AS/400 in virtual
partitions. Anything besides that?

thx