gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:33:15 -0400

Re: [PLUG] NetBSD

[In the future, Toby, when you're starting a new thread, please kill
the "In-Reply-To:" header in your MUA so that new threads don't get
attached to existing threads for those of us with a threaded MUA.
Thanks. :^>]

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 12:20:27PM -0400, Toby DiPasquale wrote:
> 	What is your talk on NetBSD next Thursday going to cover? I am
> going to make it my first attended meeting, so I was just looking for a
> quick run-down and whatnot. Thanks!

Haven't exactly decided yet. Loosely:

- BSD-centric Unix history (how things got how they are, starting
with the '70s and moving *quickly*)
- What each BSD thinks is important and why. (I'll avoid saying
"Theo de Raadt is a jerkoff" to the best of my abilities. Whoops.)
- How NetBSD gets things done on a running system. Especially:
  - rc structure
	- package system
	- Linux emulation (since you asked ;^>)
	- probably some other stuff (thoughts?)
- How NetBSD development happens (time permitting)
- stuff you (that is, PLUG) think I'm missing (email me if you like,
or just interrupt me, or wait till I'm done and have left time for
questions)

> P.S. Is this listed somewhere standard for PLUG meetings, because I
> couldn't seem to find it on the PLUG website.

Not usually. I don't think we've ever been organized enough that we
could go about insisting that presenters provide an outline in
advance. ;^>

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net