JP Toto on Fri, 12 Apr 2002 14:34:30 -0400

Re: (GUI Mail? In UNIX?!? {(was: Re: Senseless whinging) (was: Re: [PLUG] Redhat up2date)}

Silly? Yes... yes it is silly. But there you have it.
What happens is this: When you fire up Outlook the
first time it asks you if you want corporate only or
corporate and internet email. If you just pick
corporate (meaning outlook assumes you are only going
to be using internal exchange mail) then you don't get
the internet email tab with the afore-mentioned
settings for controlling wraps. If you take corp and
internet email then outlook assumes you'll be emailing
the outside world and gives you those options. Well,
if you setup exchange so that you can email the
outside world anyway, like just about everyone does,
then you are left without and internet email config
tab if you happend to pick corp setup only. Dumb?
Sounds like it. Now a whole bunch of users are left
high and dry for configuring internet email wraping.
At least they had the forsight to let me send email in
text-only... what a mess that used to be for my
friends who couldn't read rtf! :-)

Cheerios, - JP
--- gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 11:13:11AM -0700, JP Toto
> wrote:
> > It only shows up if you have internet email
> configured
> > as well as corporate (exchange). You'll have to
> add an
> > addional internet (non echange) account under
> services
> > for the tab to show up.
>
> Um... that's silly.
>
> Does the setting apply only to the non-exchange
> account then?
>
> That'd be pretty useless...
>
> --
> gabriel rosenkoetter