kevin mudrick on Fri, 12 Apr 2002 14:58:33 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Faster KDE Startup Script

> I know a few people have complained about slow KDE startup on lower end
> machines.  This seems to make things much faster at longin on my Mac 7600/132
>
> http://www.kdelook.org/content/show.php?content=1332
>
> Along with KDE 3.0, fastmalloc and object prelink it is blazing fast on my
> Athlon desktop.

For fastmalloc and object prelinking (is that that thing you were talking
about at the one PLUG meeting that suse uses in their kde binaries?).. do
you have to compile kde and all of its libraries from scratch?  How long's
that take?

-Kevin

--
 (kevin mudrick)   (kevin@furhurts.com)   (www.bleachedwhale.com)
  pgp key available at http://www.furhurts.com/~darkspur/kevin_gpg.asc

 Despair: It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.