eric@lucii.org on Sat, 13 Apr 2002 08:00:48 -0400

Re: (GUI Mail? In UNIX?!? {(was: Re: Senseless whinging) (was: Re: [PLUG] Redhat up2date)}

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 02:23:08AM -0400, Bill Jonas wrote:

> I know you don't use vim, but I'll speak up for it again here.  It makes
> it *really* easy to reflow all manner of text, whether in your regular
> message, in quoted material, etc, without having to shell out to fmt or
> par as you re-edit what's already been entered.  It's the gq command,
<<snip>>

Thanks!  I do use vim (and gvim) and every week or two I learn something new
about it.  This is just the latest learning experience for me.  I've used gUw
and guw to upper or lower case words (and $ for lines... etc.) but never knew
about the "q" option.   Time for more ":help" reading :-D

Eric

--
#   Eric Allan Lucas
# "Oh, I have slipped the surly bond of earth