paul on Tue, 16 Apr 2002 02:52:42 -0400

RE: [PLUG] kernel won't boot

With Red Hat, you can boot from the first CD-ROM, then type "linux
rescue" I believe.

The boot floppy...the one the installer always tells me to make, but I
always skip?!  There are command line and GUI tools to make boot disks,
too, but my boot disk is usually a floppy I made a year ago.  I know, I
should be punished.  8-)

> Do you have a floppy backup of your old kernel that you could boot
from?

> Or
>
> Do you have the distro CDROM which you could boot from? I'm not sure
what distro you're running but most likely you could boot into safe
mode.