pinkee on Wed, 17 Apr 2002 20:28:45 -0400

Re: [PLUG] key-signing Thursday?

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 08:09:57PM -0400, Michael Leone wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-04-17 at 19:40, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 06:39:31PM -0400, Michael Leone wrote:
> > > All participants have to have copies of everyone involved's fingerprint;
> > > it's just easier to funnel them to a central person, who then makes
> > > enough printouts for all participants to look at.
> >
> > Um, but if I blindly trust that the printout that Darxus gives me
> > matches what I'd get out of gpg --fingerprint for that key ID and
> > sign the key, I've misplaced my trust.
>
> Why? Isn't that a sign that you trust Darxus? And you do, don't you,
> since you've signed his key?

A) If it is someones first key signing, they *haven't* signed Darxus'
key.
B) As far as I know Darxus has the *least* trustworthy of the keys. He
doesn't have id that says Darxus, and he doesn't have anything on his
key that matches his id. The closest thing we have is his liscence
plate. :)
C) If someone sent Darxus a key that was invalid and you signed it cause
it was on Darxus paper, you signed a bad key.

pinkee
--
www.cavegirl.org
www.mydarlingchild.com