Michael Leone on Thu, 18 Apr 2002 00:50:22 +0200

Re: [PLUG] gpg/mailing list?

On Wed, 2002-04-17 at 12:02, kevin mudrick wrote:

> does anyone know offhand if there exists sometype of mailing list for *nix
> that integrates well with pgp/gpg?  for instance, for sending encrypted
> email to members of a mailing list, one would have to encrypt the message
> with all the other members' public keys.. is there something that would
> facilitate this, wherein if i were a member of a list, i could send an
> encrypted message to the list address, which would then automatically send
> out the message to the list members, encrypted for them only?

Or everyone has a copy of the same key, sort of a group key. That's how
comapnies do it, I believe - there's 1 key in the name of the company
(or dept), but the relevant people (meaning at least 2 managers) have
copies of the private key.