pinkee on Thu, 18 Apr 2002 17:20:18 +0200

Re: [PLUG] gpg/mailing list?

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 09:51:13AM -0400, LeRoy Cressy wrote:
> The idea of encrypting email to the list is not a good idea if we have
> the list set up to help those in need.  There are a lot who are not
> subscribed to the list that read the archives for their own needs.  If
> we start encrypting everything we are effectively locking out the new
> Linux user who is coming to us for help.
>
> Though this is an interesting thread I wouldn't like to see the list's
> mail encrypted.

No one is talking about doing this to PLUG. Kevin mentioned a smallish
list with paranoid members, and asked for suggestions. The thread
morphed a bit, but I don't think that anyone would do it to a "public"
list. It would defeat the purpose of the archives in the first place.

pinkee
--
www.cavegirl.org
www.mydarlingchild.com