gabriel rosenkoetter on Thu, 18 Apr 2002 19:40:19 +0200

Re: [PLUG] gpg/mailing list?

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 11:11:03AM -0400, pinkee@cavegirl.org wrote:
> No one is talking about doing this to PLUG. Kevin mentioned a smallish
> list with paranoid members, and asked for suggestions. The thread
> morphed a bit, but I don't think that anyone would do it to a "public"
> list. It would defeat the purpose of the archives in the first place.

Though this brings up an interesting point.

How *would* one keep an archive of such a mailing list? Seems it
would have to store the encrypted-to-the-list's-private-key version
of the messages, and provide output to a given other public key upon
demand. (That's easiest to do through commands sent, via email, to
the list server, but doing it for a web interface too would be
totally possible.)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net