Naresh Reddy on Sun, 21 Apr 2002 14:13:44 -0400

[PLUG] Suse Kernel calamity

I am currently using Suse 7.2 (pro) with stock kernel. I have compiled
2.4.18 (because of ext3 support). When I try to boot from the new kernel
the screen slowly vanishes: small gray pixels first appear, then after 5
-10 secs there will be vertical lines on the screen. I can't see anything
after that. Fortunatly,  I can still press ctrl+alt+delete to load the
stock kernel again. How would I fix this problem? Did anyone experience
this problem? And what is causing this problem?

Thanks
Naresh

Naresh Reddy
nyg102@psu.edu