Brian Epstein on Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:11:49 -0400

Re: [PLUG] PalmOS Cell Phone? [Was Re: (GUI Mail? In UNIX?!?]

> Does this phone happen to be that kyocera that places are selling for
> $100-$125?  If so, how do you like it thus far?  I was thinking of picking

I've had my 6035 for almost a year now.  I bought it when it was still
$499, and it's been worth every penny!  Compared to the I300, the 6035
beats in all regards in my book.  The flip down keypad is kinda flimsy,
but I haven't managed to break it yet.  I do have the $3.99/mo insurance
on it, though, so I don't worry about it much.

It's really cool being able to SSH from my phone or use VNC while on the
road (only for emergencies, though).

The only things that I feel are missing are:

- memory slot, 8 megs will never be enough memory
- color (although I'll take longer battery life over color anyday)
- detachable keypad (or have it slide away somewhere).
- standard Palm III or V or VII connector.  You have to fashion your own.
- 3G

ep

--
Brian Epstein <ep@epiary.org>
Key fingerprint = F9C8 A715 933E 6A64 C220  482B 02CF B6C8 DB7F 41B4