Noah silva on Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:42:45 -0400

Re: [PLUG] PalmOS Cell Phone? [Was Re: (GUI Mail? In UNIX?!?]

> on it, though, so I don't worry about it much.
>
> It's really cool being able to SSH from my phone or use VNC while on the
> road (only for emergencies, though).
>
> The only things that I feel are missing are:
>
> - memory slot, 8 megs will never be enough memory

I wonder why that didn't include an SDram slot.

> - color (although I'll take longer battery life over color anyday)

I noticed almost all the cell phones sold in Japan have color, but I
havn't even seen one here that did.  The batteries on them last .. longer
than ours do.  I assume that has more to do withg the electronics than the
display though.

> - detachable keypad (or have it slide away somewhere).

like the Zaurus? ;)

> - standard Palm III or V or VII connector.  You have to fashion your own.
> - 3G

I think this one will be a long wait ;(