Noah silva on Wed, 24 Apr 2002 17:30:23 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Interesting thread on SEUL-EDU mailing list...

It's obvious that the goal of MS here is to get the schools to pay for a
copy of windows on every PC, wether is is used or not, in the hopes that
it will foster an attitude of "well we paid for it, we may as well use it,
instead of fussing with this 'linux' junk"... just like the contracts with
the PC makers, where they have to pay for windows  on each PC, installed
or not.

I don't see why a school would go along with this though, I don't see that
MS has any power to force an audit, and even if they did, what does the
school have to hide?  Even if they have some unlicensed copies, it would
still be less than the total number of computers if they are using other
OSs elsewhere.

 -- noah silva