gabriel rosenkoetter on Thu, 25 Apr 2002 02:11:03 -0400

Re: [PLUG] PLUG Wireless/ Co-op?

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 11:09:41PM -0400, Bill Jonas wrote:
> You could always get an AUI-to-10BaseT transceiver; they shouldn't be
> all that much on eBay.  Be sure that you get the kind that have the
> RJ-45 jack and AUI port on opposite ends or that the one you get comes
> with an AUI cable.

I've got a buttload of AAUI<->10BaseT adapters. The extra A is for
Apple. I haven't tried to use them with sparcs, but it's worth a
shot, since the stuff Apple added may well just be cleanly ignored
by something else (perhaps with moderate cable mangling), provided
the pin-outs are remotely similar. (I also have a few AUI adapters,
but they're kind of attached to sparcs right now. ;^>)

In any case, NetBSD/mac68k has already been given first dibs, and
I'm not sure how many I'll have left after I mail those out. (All
the Centris and Quadra series macs need them; lots of people would
like to have a useful e'net port on those and don't.)

Same deal as Bill: if you want one for a mac or to play with a
sparc, drop me a line privately.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net