Noah silva on Thu, 25 Apr 2002 13:41:32 -0400

Re: [PLUG] PLUG Wireless/ Co-op?

Aren't the IPCs a bit slow for Paralell computing?

I thought about using banks of IPXs for this purpose, and while the IPXs
are cheap (I can get them about $20 a pop, or even free depending on the
time of year and way the wind is blowing), the memory is becoming more
expensive, and the AUI adaptors are either free or too expensive.  Then
add in wanting a SCSI drive for each one, and the fact that I like to
upgrade the processors at $50 a pop, an old PII starts to get
cheaper.  (and the 100baseT SBUS cards aren't cheap!)

 -- noah silva