Time on Thu, 25 Apr 2002 22:50:18 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Buying a Sparc

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 04:28:21PM -0400, Naresh Reddy wrote:
> Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:28:21 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Naresh Reddy <nyg102@email.psu.edu>
> To: <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
> Subject: [PLUG] Buying a Sparc
>
> I am planning to buy a Sparc machine to run Solaris. Can I get a
> suggestion? I don't want to spend too money, just for learning purposes,
> and maybe use it as a server.

I use a Sparc Ultra5 here at the lab for development using Debian's
Woody distro/version. I'm so happy with it I was looking to purchase one
to do my gateway/firewall serving at our apartment. I'd suggest checking
Ebay and computer trade shows that come around.

Google returns http://www.solarsystems.com/

Regards,

Time

   13