Doug Crompton on Sat, 27 Apr 2002 06:30:14 +0200

Re: Ricochet and various wireless (was: Re: [PLUG] key-signing Thursday?)

Some people can't walk and chew gum at the same time. Some cant' even
walk and not chew gum at the same time!

I am an amateur radio operator and for  years I have transmitted from my
car while driving. I also have a manual transmission! I just know in my
time sharing  that the road has the highest priority no matter what.

The fact is that we need a law for the idiots that cannot do more than one
thing at a time or understand how to manage interrupts! Is a single driver
with a cell phone or a mother with three yelling kids more a risk? But
then who would go after a mother and kids? Should we ban kids from cars?
How about a husband and wife fighting? Maybe we should only allow one
person in a car at a time! Maybe driver tests should test for the
capability to handle multiple processes!

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *