Gregson Helledy on Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:50:17 +0200

[PLUG] Re: Newbie's first question[s] - quick reply

I use X-CD-Roast as a gui frontend to cdrecord.  The author's just released
a new version, which I haven't tried yet.
It requires the latest versions of cdrecord, mkisofs, and another tool,
which are all available from the site
http://www.xcdroast.org

I didn't read your original message, but assuming you have IDE CDR/CDRW
drive(s) you'll need to set up SCSI emulation for them.  This is probably
as simple as passing a line to lilo at boot:
hdc=ide-scsi
(assuming your IDE CDR/CDRW is secondary master)
I believe you can add this line to file lilo.conf
Could a guru confirm this?

Greg

> Who's a good CD burner software vendor ?  I have given up on Roxio
> and Nero.  And also on Philips and HP as CD-R/W makers.  I have to
> get a burner working this week or I'm in big trouble.

I use linux's cdrecord only. I don't know about gui tools. Many other list
tools use gui only and can help w/ this one. I post back to the list.

Fred

Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message.
this message to anyone.  In such case, you should destroy this message
and notify GRA, Inc. (gramail@gra-inc.com) immediately.  Please advise
immediately if you or your employer do not consent to Internet e-mail
for messages of this kind.  Opinions, conclusions and other information
expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by GRA, Inc. unless
otherwise indicated by an authorized representative independent of this
message.