George Langford on Tue, 30 Apr 2002 18:38:14 -0400

[PLUG] Re: Newbie's first question - file transfer

Hello fellow PLUGgers !

Trying to answer my own question regarding transfer of files from
a W98 environment on one PC to a Linux environment on another PC,
a one shot deal but lots of data are involved - 500's of MB.

Choice No.1 - PuTTY:

	http://www.starjump.com/linux/scp.html
	http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/0.52/htmldoc/

PuTTY seems to emphasize security over telephone lines, but offers
ease of use - I might even string a permanent link ...

Choice No.2 - LapLink:

	http://www.bridgea.com/software/laplink/laplink.htm

But I wonder whether LapLink's serial cable connection to the
Linux machine will be workable.

Please point me in the right direction.  Thanks.

Best regards,
George
amenex@amenex.com
http://www.amenex.com/