Bradley J. Molnar on Mon, 6 May 2002 10:17:48 -0400

Re: [PLUG] More Samba WINS information...

Ah, sorry, sleepy I think. What I mean by slow is this: the machine is slow in updating the network neighborhood. Like, a machine will turn on and it won't be in the network neighborhood for a couple of minutes (when using samba as a domain controller for windows clients) and samba sometimes takes a few minutes to appear on their lists as well (when in a completely separate workgroup/domain from the samba box).

You are probably correct that it is just a problem of the smb protocol. I think it has to do with NT vs 9x clients as well.

Either way, I wasn't talking about updating files, I was talking about updating the browse list. I sometimes can't express what I mean when I'm ready to fall asleep (I am in australia [check my return address], which is 14 hours ahead, so, while it is 10:15 am for you, it is 12:15 am tuesday for me).

sorry about the confustion (if there still is some, I'll try to clear it up)

-brad