George Langford, Sc.D. on Tue, 7 May 2002 21:30:15 +0200

[PLUG] Re: Newbie's first question - moving open windows out of the way

Hello fellow PLUGgers !

Last one for tonight; I promise.

When I first started to use the GUI, if I clicked on the minimize
button the way I would to put an open window down onto the bottom
toolbar of the screen (just like that Gates person's S/W) the item
would dutifully scrunch down onto the toolbar as expected.

Then I removed a couple of items from that place ... and now, when
I click on the minimize button, they just slide right off the bottom
of the screen, lost until I restart that item.  It's been a PIA to
operate with several open windows since then, 'cuz I gotta slide 'em
around on teh screen.

Is there a way for me to restore the expected functionality of the
minimize button so I can see what's just temporarily pushed out of
the way, similar to that W... GUI ?  Right now, it works exactly
like the close button.

Thanks again for your continuing help.

Best regards,
George Langford