George Langford on Wed, 8 May 2002 11:50:56 -0400

[PLUG] Re: Netscape bookmarks

Hello Greg & fellow PLUGgers !

A little progress was made by following the link:

	http://web.mit.edu/is/help/netscape/bkmkfiles.html

where I found out (!) that I can "import" my own bookmarks
file from /home/user0/bookmarks.html into the "promotional"
bookmarks from the Edit Bookmarks menu ...

Hooray ! for my olde alma mater ...

But ... Navigator still gives me the "error saving bookmarks"
message and all my bookmarks have disappeared from that file
when next I start Navigator.  Oh, well.

Even after I discovered there might be an "ownership" problem
and changed the owner of _my_ bookmarks.html file from "root"
to "user0."  Then I could import my bookmarks.html file into
the one that Navigator relentlessly opens, and I could even edit
the result.  I could even save it by closing it; and Konqueror
gives a sensible "last changed" time & date.  But Navigator
fails to open it ... always, the "promotional" bookmarks come
back, over & over, never changing ...

Best regards,
George Langford in cool & breezy Berwyn
amenex@amenex.com