Fred K Ollinger on Wed, 8 May 2002 13:33:04 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Re: Netscape bookmarks

> Even after I discovered there might be an "ownership" problem
> and changed the owner of _my_ bookmarks.html file from "root"
> to "user0."  Then I could import my bookmarks.html file into
> the one that Navigator relentlessly opens, and I could even edit
> the result.  I could even save it by closing it; and Konqueror

Did you change prefs file?

What linux distro is this again. I never saw this in rh7.2.

> gives a sensible "last changed" time & date.  But Navigator
> fails to open it ... always, the "promotional" bookmarks come
> back, over & over, never changing ...

The promotional ones are cancer anyway. They come back even after I kill
them.

In my netscape all users have own bookmarks in:

~/.netscape/bookmarks.html

Perhaps posting your bookmarks lines:

$ grep -i bookmark .netscape/preferences.js  | more

user_pref("bookmarks.outliner_geometry",
"100x(4)Name:88;Location:86;LastVisited:34;CreatedOn:69;");
user_pref("browser.bookmark_file",
"/home/follinge/.netscape/bookmarks.html");

Note the path to my bookmarks? What's yours? Or am I missing something
here?

Fred