Bill Jonas on Wed, 8 May 2002 18:07:55 -0400

Re: [PLUG] GnuPG 1.0.7

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 01:45:45PM -0400, Bill Jonas wrote:
> Debian package source (gnupg_1.0.7-0.1.tar.gz -- for some reason,
> dpkg-buildpackage thought it was a Debian native package, so it made
> that instead of a .diff.gz and a .orig.tar.gz.  This won't be going into
> the Debian archive, though, so I'm not that concerned.), and the Debian

Turns out it was a silly mistake on my part.  It occurred to me after I
sent it that the name of the original file wasn't in the proper format.
I tried renaming it, but it didn't work (still) and so I forgot about
it.  Christophe sent me mail reminding me of the proper format.  I tried
it again and it worked.  While I was at it, I put a couple of debhelper
checks in place (in place of the failing test command).  (Basically,
you'll need debhelper installed to build it.)

1.0.7-0.2 is available at <http://www.billjonas.com/debian/gnupg>.  i386
binaries are already there, and a sparc package is being built and will
be there presently.

"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin