LeRoy Cressy on Sun, 12 May 2002 14:50:18 +0200

Re: [PLUG] printing postscript

Try installing magicfilter or apsfilter.

Both are a set of print filters for printing various file formats on
specific filters.

Jeff Abrahamson wrote:

> I'm trying to get my hp deskjet to print properly. Experimenting with
> printtool got me text, but not postscript. Some searching on the web
> recommends the hpijs driver, which I apt-got, but still no
> ps. Fiddling with printcap and much reading of the printing howto
> hasn't changed things much.
>
> I can say "lpr /etc/lprng/printcap" and get beautiful text, but
> printing from mozilla, for example, produces stair-stepped postscript
> text:
>
>   %!
>     %!PS-Adobe-3.0
>                   %%BoundingBox: 0 0 612 792
>
> I've attached my (short) printcap file, in case someone sees something
> in it that might be of help. Both lp and lp-back show the same
> behavior. It's odd. Google leads me to believe I'm the only person in
> the world to have this problem. Well, I'm lame on one of two grounds,
> then.
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions
>
> (BTW, the music printer is my attempt at a simple juke box. The print
> spooler, with a proper filter script, works quite nicely as a juke
> box, albeit with a bit too much copying around of files. But it only
> took a few minutes to "write.")
>
> --
>  Jeff
>
>  Jeff Abrahamson  <http://www.purple.com/jeff/>
>
>  The Big Book of Misunderstanding, now in bookstores and on the web:
>  <http://www.misunderstanding.net/buystuff.html>

>                Name: printcap
>    printcap    Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
>            Encoding: quoted-printable

Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy   mailto:leroy@lrcressy.com   /\_/\
                       http://lrcressy.com        ( o.o )
                       Phone:  215-535-4037        > ^ <