Louis Dallara on Sun, 12 May 2002 15:56:39 -0400

RE: [PLUG] newbie question

Sorry... it's a linksys pcmpc200 etherfast 10/100 cardbus pcmica card.

it looks like i got to do this stuff and try it..

Lou out

EtherFast 10/100 CardBus PC Card
The following must be done as root.

All of the setup instructions are contained in your Linux package. When you
unpack your archive, look for a "how-to" document concerning the
installation of PCMCIA cards. When you find the file, read it and follow the
directions. You'll need to install the PCMCIA services, enable networking,
recompile the kernel if needed.
Recently the controller chip used on our card has had a rev change. The old
version was a DEC 21143 TC the new version is a DEC 21143 TD. Some
compatability issues with the Tulip driver have been noted and are currently
undergoing developement and testing to include the new chip changes. We will
provide a link the the driver as soon as it is available.

You must add the following to /etc/pcmcia/config: device "tulip_cb"
class "network" module "cb_enabler", "tulip_cb"

card "Linksys EtherFast 10/100 CardBus PC Card"
manfid 0x0149, 0xc2ab
bind "tulip_cb"

You must obtain the latest tulip.c driver from Donald Becker. This is a
special version for PCMCIA cards.

Compile tulip.c with this command:

gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/net/inet
-Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -c tulip.c -o tulip_cb.o
`[ -f /usr/include/linux/modversions.h ] && echo -DMODVERSIONS`
-DCARDBUS

After this is complete, copy tulip_cb.o to /lib/modules/< kernel.version
>/pcmcia.
Issue a kill -HUP < cardmgr pid >, or if you are using redhat issue
/etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia stop, then start or just reboot the computer.

After this point, the PC Card will be automatically recognized as soon as
you plug it in. You must have version 3.0.5 of the Linux PCMCIA services or
higher to support CardBus. You can ftp the latest version here