pinkee on Mon, 13 May 2002 15:52:11 -0400

Re: [PLUG] frustrating nic issues

On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 09:15:42PM -0400, Michael C. Toren wrote:
> > > Any advice would be much appreciated. I am at a loss now.
> >
> > Sounds like you may not be getting a default route.
> >
> > What's route(8) say?
>
> If the dhcp client had been successful in obtaining an IP address and
> netmask but no default gateway, the RX count still should have increased,
> though.  Also, Kristin seemed to be saying that pump is only occasionally
> working, which leads me to believe that it's either a cable, dhcp server,
> or hardware issue.  The first two are easier to rule out than the third :)

with the card in question in I have not been able to replicate my sucess
of pump. The first time I plugged it into my home network it worked
fine, then stopped cold. I am thinking replacing the dongle at this
point might be best. I have had it plugged into two networks, both of
which work fine with the loaner nic, and don't work with the new one.

I don't have root on either network to check the output of syslogd.

pinkee
--
www.cavegirl.org
www.mydarlingchild.com