Michael C. Toren on Sun, 12 May 2002 21:15:47 -0400

Re: [PLUG] frustrating nic issues

> > Any advice would be much appreciated. I am at a loss now.
>
> Sounds like you may not be getting a default route.
>
> What's route(8) say?

If the dhcp client had been successful in obtaining an IP address and
netmask but no default gateway, the RX count still should have increased,
though.  Also, Kristin seemed to be saying that pump is only occasionally
working, which leads me to believe that it's either a cable, dhcp server,
or hardware issue.  The first two are easier to rule out than the third :)

-mct