Fred K Ollinger on Fri, 17 May 2002 18:41:26 -0400

Re: [PLUG] debian mpeg video player

> Theses warnings are for the mirror or your PADS packages ?

I didn't mean mirror. I meant that the packages that pads makes, only,
should go here.

> <flame>
> I would like to said that debian is certainly the most stable GNU/Linux
> distribution and the most current (if you use woody or sid).
> </flame>

I use debian, unless forced to use something else. I'm not trying to argue
relative merits of distros here.

I meant to say that the warnings are from the pads packages. Due to time
constraints, these packages are random to say the least. Chris is an
expert and this is not meant to be anything about his expertise, but I
think that the complicated packages we do take more than a few hours to
get right.

I thought it
would be cool to go home from meeting and apt-get the new packages and
test them out.

I learned a lot at pads, but I thought we could all learn more on how to
deal w/ a package that blows up. Maybe one of us can spend the time and
work out the problems that we didn't have time to finish at pads. I'd be
interested in trying.

Fred