gabriel rosenkoetter on Tue, 21 May 2002 00:19:12 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Perennial Newbie trying again

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 12:14:20AM -0400, Fred K Ollinger wrote:
> I tried really hard to get linux installed on an old mac. I finally gave
> up after I realized that it would never work as there was no fpu. :)
> Still, this is a good attitude.

NetBSD will boot on that machine, provided it's not an LC040. (In
which case it'll boot, but kernel panic randomly. This is a hardware
problem that there isn't really a good way to work around in
software. I mean, Apple did, but they mostly cheated.)

> Dell does. This company takes the cake for service.

I know they still do for businesses (since we bought one recently),
but I didn't think Dell was still shipping consumer machines with
RedHat preinstalled. Am I wrong?

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net