Fred K Ollinger on Tue, 21 May 2002 00:23:49 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Perennial Newbie trying again

> NetBSD will boot on that machine, provided it's not an LC040. (In
> which case it'll boot, but kernel panic randomly. This is a hardware
> problem that there isn't really a good way to work around in
> software. I mean, Apple did, but they mostly cheated.)

If I knew this a few years ago, I would have done it. Instead a joined w/
the darkside: i386. :)

I gave the machine to my away to a friend who junked it. :(

> I know they still do for businesses (since we bought one recently),
> but I didn't think Dell was still shipping consumer machines with
> RedHat preinstalled. Am I wrong?

Yer never wrong, Gabriel. :)

I thin you are right. I just admin rh dell machines which is where I got
the idea. I think they dropped the linux from the desktop, though.

Fred