Fred K Ollinger on Tue, 21 May 2002 00:51:14 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Perennial Newbie trying again

> so much.) I think it's possible to solder an FPU in on the 030 and
> LC040 motherboards (though most of the LC040s are socketed and a
> real 040 costs maybe $20 on eBay these days, not that I've checked
> latedly, so it's really easier just to replace it). Unfortunately,
> they neither make good fish tanks nor capuccino machines.

Not really worthwhile as I've gotten a few i386's w/ isa netcards for less
than $20. There are a few benefits to penn campus. :)

> > I gave the machine to my away to a friend who junked it. :(

This, too, was an LC-III.

It I could have gotten net bsd on there, I would probably be a few months
smarter. :)

Fred