multiple seriousity on Tue, 21 May 2002 01:30:57 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Perennial Newbie trying again

On Tue, 21 May 2002, Fred K Ollinger wrote:
> >    After several unsuccesful attempts to install Linux

> >   #2 - What flavor of Linux should I get -
> >    Debian seems attractive as it seems to aim for
> > a common standard.

Uhmm don't they all aim for "a common standard"? What's common, and who's
standard? I'm not sure what you meant here. But Please DON'T bother to
answer, this is a flamey-type cliff that we're near. :)

> >     RH seems pretty poular and full of fun features.

> I highly recommend debian. If you are a newbie, you might want progeny:
> www.progeny.com

Progeny (the version of Debian) ceased-to-be as of October 1st, 2001.
http://www.progeny.com/archive/debian/

One question to ask is... what type of linux was the original poster
trying to install (did I miss this?) He's asking now for distro
suggestions... but where is he coming from? (And where does he want to go
to?)

--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY msimonsmail@yahoo.com
Creative Arts Resource Project : PTMaterials Exchange : www.pleasetake.org