Art on Tue, 21 May 2002 22:59:02 -0400

[PLUG] FROM ORIGINAL PERENNIAL NEWIE

TO clarify my position:

My Problem -  #1   Windows is getting buggier every week.
     #2 - I definintely have hardware problems
WHAT I Am looking for:
       A reliable piece of hardware (PC).

I need to run:
        1) NETSCAPE
        2) WORDPERFECT (I have an official installation BOX for WP 8 Linux)
        3) DOS EMU - some old utilities with data bases
       4) A freindly point and click file manager

    MY BIASES ??
   After BAD experiences with :put together systems (and
good luck with 3 Dell laptops - 2 stolen) I prefer to
get a system from a major manufacturer.

    ALSO - I am assuming that most of the system specific issues will
be settled if the manufacturer installs the system.

    Fred Ollinger suggested DELL - Does anyone know if DELL
still sells LINUX installed ??? If so - any web addresses?