pinkee on Tue, 21 May 2002 18:46:37 -0400

[PLUG] dhcp with a domain other than the server's

I am enjoying my brand new to me lap top and the fun of computing in
bed. :) When I originally set it up for dhcp, a couple of bright lovely
gentleman assisted me, and one of the things they did was prevent to
dhcp server from changing my search line, presumably in
/etc/resolv.conf. I ended up having to reinstall for a variety of
reasons, and have not been able to duplicate this. Neither of the
gentlemen, who shall remain nameless :), remember this. I have googled
and how to'd and read man pages and I can't find what I am looking for.

If any one knows what I am talking about and can help me that would be
greatly appreciated. I ssh to my server for almost everything, and since
my search line is changed everytime I connect to a different dhcp
server, which is usually twice a day, I have to use the full domain. I
am lazy.

Thanks,

pinkee
--