Michael F. Robbins on Tue, 21 May 2002 18:57:32 -0400

Re: [PLUG] dhcp with a domain other than the server's

On Tue, 2002-05-21 at 18:34, pinkee@cavegirl.org wrote:
> one of the things they did was prevent to
> dhcp server from changing my search line, presumably in
> /etc/resolv.conf.

I've done this before so that a firewall keeps its DNS pointing to the
local network.  Depends on which dhcp client you are using.  I've only
used dhcpcd, but I tried to find examples in others.

man dhcpcd:
  -R Prevents dhcpcd from replacing existing /etc/resolv.conf file.

man pump:
  -d [or] --no-dns Don't update resolv.conf

and for dhclient:
Looks like you can modify the make_resolv_conf() function in
/etc/dhclient-script.

Michael F. Robbins
mike@gamerack.com